Saturday 6 June 2009

My ex-battery chickens

There’s something about the little brown cluckers I just love; if you are a chicken owner you’ll know exactly what I mean! It’s their almost constant gentle chatting (I find it a rather soothing sound for some reason), scratching for food (left leg, right leg, left leg, head down, fluffy bum up…repeat as required until tasty morsel is discovered), dust bathing (or should I call it creating “chicken craters”!), sun bathing (OMG, they look like they’ve keeled over!), and the way they follow me around the garden (I don’t pretend it’s out of affection for me, they are just greedy and are forever hopeful that I have some corn in my pocket!).

They were rescued by a great charity called the Battery Hen Welfare Trust
http://www.bhwt.org.uk/

If you have no idea what I’m going on about then take a look at this. They aren’t my “girls” but I love this clip as it always puts a smile on my face :-)…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDMqPDlmFA

No comments:

Post a Comment